Thursday, February 14, 2013

Character Progression

I really need to develop Cassie's personal traits and details. I want to make her a unique character that interacts with the rest of the group in interesting ways. In order to accomplish this, I think I need to move back and create a few very short stories that take place in her past, both in California and on the road. Then, I'm going to expand upon the story about the haunting I posted on google maps. I plan on writing everything in first person, so I really want her personality and voice to become distinct and apparent. I want to develop the character to the point than an audience would find her believable as a real person (or at least a decent character). I also plan on reading my group members' blogs so I can begin to think about how Cassie would interact with their characters.

1 comment:

  1. Keep in mind the use of character quirks. As the book mentioned, choose a type for your character - a recognizable character that we're all familiar with - and then add some quirks that go against type. Use the quirks to make her specifics. Think about what she likes to do - to read, to listen to, to eat, and include that in the narrative. You might make specific blog posts: if she likes a certain type of music, why not make a post devoted to that - perhaps sprinkling in a hint of the supernatural!

    ReplyDelete